EVCS has a nurse on premises five days each week. Parents and guardians should notify the school nurse of any health-related issues, including food allergies.
Dana M. Fauth, RN, BSN, EVCS Days Park School Nurse
Confidential Fax Number: (716) 884-0010
Tracy Thornton, BSN, EVCS Hertel School Nurse
Confidential Fax Number: (716) 464-3560
Health Policies and Guidelines
- Download the guidelines on when to keep a child home: Health Services Guidelines for Parents. (All students)
Medication Authorization and Medical Action Plans
All prescribed medication and over-the-counter medication to be administered during the school day must be accompanied by a written prescription from their doctor and the Medication Authorization form signed by the parent. Medication must be brought to school by an adult in the original pharmacy container per New York State. The nurse must have documentation for medical action plans in place while the child is attending school. If your child requires any of the below while at school, download the appropriate form(s) and return them, completed, to the nurse.
- Download the Authorization for Medications at School Form (New students)
- Download the Asthma Action Plan Form (Returning and new students, if applicable)
- Download the Food Allergy Action Plan Form (Returning and new students, if applicable)
- If your child has a diabetic action plan, please bring it to the nurse (obtainable from Children’s Hospital, or ask your child’s doctor).