Responsible for the planning, development and administration of the library media program to accomplish the goals and objectives of the Elmwood Village Charter School Hertel. The candidate will provide instruction and professional library assistance to students in alignment with NYS learning standards.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university
- NYS certification as a school library/media specialist
The candidate should have a commitment to working in an urban school setting.
If interested, please send resume and cover letter to Liz Evans at email@example.com.
Assistant Teacher, Middle School Math
Elmwood Village Charter School- Days Park seeks to hire a full-time assistant teacher for middle school Math for the 2017-2018 school year.
The Math assistant teacher will work with the middle school math teacher to:
better differentiate instructiondeliver instruction planned by the lead teacherassist with classroom management, provide small-group instructionassess individual students for progress monitoring purposesparticipate in common planning meetings and attend data meetings.
Candidates must have strong math skills and substantial experience working with children in educational settings. Math certification or a concentration in Math is preferred.
Employment begins August 15, 2017. Contracts are given annually and employment is based on a 10 ½ month period. Positions are salaried.
Applicants can send their resume and cover letter to the Director of Curriculum and Instruction, Anne Wechsler via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Elmwood Village Charter School is looking for substitute teachers. These positions will be on an as-needed basis, but will be called frequently. Substitute teachers are paid $110 per day and $55 for half-day assignments.
- Maintaining a safe and welcoming classroom environment
- Leading and facilitating activities for children
- Modeling positive and appropriate classroom behavior
- Maintaining a clean and organized classroom environment
- Supporting and assisting fellow staff and management
- Maintaining a high level of energy throughout the work day
Qualifications & Requirements
- Satisfactorily pass a criminal background check
- Bachelor’s degree
- Teaching experience is preferred
- Reliable, punctual and available on short notice
- Love of education and children grades Pre-K through 8th grade
- Great communication and organizational skills