Position: Substitute Teacher
Status: Per Diem -
Uncertified: $125.00 per day
Certified: $150.00 per day
Duration: 7:30am – 4:00pm
Location: Days Park and Hertel Campus
Reports to: Principal
The Elmwood Village Charter Schools provide a stimulating and engaging learning environment that recognizes student capability, fosters their connectedness to their immediate and broader communities, and offers them ways to contribute to school life. EVCS believes that all students can and will learn at high levels when provided with the right learning conditions.
We believe that the social curriculum is as important as the academic curriculum, and children must meet with social success before they can achieve high levels of academic success. To that end:
Who we are:
- We are passionate about social-emotional learning and believe it is as important as the academic curriculum, and children must meet with social success before they can achieve high levels of academic success.
- We have a strong belief in social justice and believe that every voice matters. We value diversity and a wide variety of perspectives. Our leaders are committed to preparing students to be critical thinkers who use their voices for active civic engagement.
- Our students are exposed to a strong academic program that emphasizes social responsibility, arts integration, multiculturalism, and community alliances.
- The EVCS community values relationships with our staff, students and families.
- Our students experience academic success in an intimate, peaceful, and diverse school community that appreciates different learning styles.
- Students know that they are valued and respected, and each one of them can contribute to school life.
- We put students first - all decisions are made around what is best for students.
- We act with urgency - we set a plan of action with urgency in response to student outcomes and needs.
- We always seek to be better - we believe seeking feedback and professional growth directly impacts students' growth
- We work as a team - we collaborate to achieve shared goals.
We are looking for hardworking, energetic, compassionate, student-centered Substitute Teachers.
- Follow the lesson plans provided by the absent teacher
- Ensures that students are well-supervised, safe and engaged.
- Follow all program and safety procedures.
- Projects a positive image and develops positive relationships with school administration, parents, students, and staff.
- Communicates effectively and timely.
- Maintains confidentiality and exercises discretion in the dissemination of information.
- Provide appropriate feedback on student work.
- Monitor and encourage individual student progress.
- Provide guidance to students, which will promote educational development.
- Manage student behavior by maintaining classroom rules and procedures and enforcing classroom, school, and district procedures.
- Participate in department, school, and district meetings and professional development activities as appropriate.
- Perform other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the Principal or Assistant Principal.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Previous experience with elementary or middle school age children. Experience in a classroom setting a plus
- Certified teachers are preferred
- Must have excellent punctuality and attendance
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Excellent writing, interpersonal, and organizational skills, and the ability to work both independently and on a team
- Maintains confidentiality and exercises discretion in the dissemination of information
What We Offer
Come join the EVCS community where each person is appreciated and valued!
EVCS offers an excellent working environment supported by our shared leadership team to ensure each person's strengths can be utilized and fostered.
EVCS believes in the importance of being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization that enables our community to thrive. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Join Our Team
To apply to this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter on Elmwood Village Charter Schools Website: http://www.evcsbuffalo.org/careers/