Position: Substitute Teacher
Status: Per Diem
Duration: 7:30am – 4:00pm
Location: Days Park and Hertel Campus
Reports to: Principle
The Elmwood Village Charter Schools provide a stimulating and engaging learning environment that recognizes student capability, fosters their connectedness to their immediate and broader communities, and offers them ways to contribute to school life. EVCS believes that all students can and will learn at high levels when provided with the right learning conditions.
We believe that the social curriculum is as important as the academic curriculum, and children must meet with social success before they can achieve high levels of academic success. To that end:
- Our students are exposed to a strong academic program that emphasizes social responsibility, arts integration, multiculturalism, and community alliances.
- Our students experience academic success in an intimate, peaceful, and diverse school community that appreciates different learning styles.
- At Elmwood Village Charter Schools, students know that they are valued and respected, and each one of them can contribute to school life.
We are looking for student-centered, dynamic Substitute Teachers:
Substitute Teachers receive $100.00 per day of work.
- Follow the lesson plans provided by the absent teacher
- Ensures that students are well-supervised, safe and engaged.
- Follows all program and safety procedures.
- Projects a positive image and develops positive relationships with school administration, parents, students, and staff. Communicates effectively and timely.
- Maintains confidentiality and exercises discretion in the dissemination of information.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Previous experience with elementary or middle school age children. Experience in a classroom setting a plus.
- Certified teachers are preferred
- Must have excellent punctuality and attendance
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Excellent writing, interpersonal, and organizational skills, and the ability to work both independently and on a team
- Maintains confidentiality and exercises discretion in the dissemination of information
What We Offer
EVCS offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Join Our Team
To apply: Interested applicants should send resume and cover letter detailing interest and experience, using the form at the bottom of the EVCS Careers page, here: http://www.evcsbuffalo.org/careers/.