Position: Music Teacher
Duration: 10-Month Employee
Location: Hertel Campus
Reports to: Principal
The Elmwood Village Charter Schools provide a stimulating and engaging learning environment that recognizes student capability, fosters their connectedness to their immediate and broader communities, and offers them ways to contribute to school life. EVCS believes that all students can and will learn at high levels when provided with the right learning conditions.
We believe that the social curriculum is as important as the academic curriculum, and children must meet with social success before they can achieve high levels of academic success. To that end:
- Our students are exposed to a strong academic program that emphasizes social responsibility, arts integration, multiculturalism, and community alliances.
- Our students experience academic success in an intimate, peaceful, and diverse school community that appreciates different learning styles.
- At Elmwood Village Charter Schools, students know that they are valued and respected, and each one of them can contribute to school life.
We are looking for a student-centered, dynamic Music Teacher who will:
- Oversee the music room facility, curriculum, and resources to create a student-centered environment
- Build a classroom culture in which students love music;
- Utilizes repertoire of all types of music literature, including traditional and contemporary, that are appropriate for the ages and skill levels of students.
- Maintain a classroom environment conducive to learning by following the Responsive Classroom and Cooperative Discipline models
- Engage students in the creative process and foster their talents, while deepening their knowledge and understanding of music, musical concepts, and music history
- Encourage students to express their own personalities and thoughts through the creative process
- Implement and manage the school’s chorus ensuring students are ready for all performances.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and is age-appropriate
- Set and maintain acceptable standards of classroom behavior to establish an orderly learning environment
- Show students how to properly use and care for instruments
- Monitor and maintain classroom inventory
- Other duties as assigned
What We Look For
We want someone who:
- Commitment to the Mission and Core Values of Elmwood Village Charter School
- Commitment to continuous improvement principles
- Ability to work with young children in a nurturing school environment
- Has strong oral and written communication skills
- Is able to build interpersonal relationships with diverse audiences
- Maintains a positive attitude, even in the face of pressure
- Is a team player and open to receiving feedback
- Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and is flexible
- Passionate about social justice
- Is solutions-oriented and completes tasks and projects effectively and in a timely manner
- Takes initiative, prioritizes tasks effectively, and can work independently with little direction
- Maintains confidentiality and exercises discretion in the dissemination of information
- Has strong organizational, problem-solving and data-gathering skill
- Bachelor’s degree in related field from an accredited college or university
- A demonstrated ability to creatively promote a love for music to children.
- Excellent writing, interpersonal, and organizational skills, and the ability to work both independently and on a team.
- Master’s degree in Music Education or similar field from an accredited college or university or
- NYS certification as an Music Teacher or in the process of receiving
- Experience at the K-8 level in Music Education
What We Offer
EVCS offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Join Our Team
To apply to this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter on Elmwood Village Charter Schools Website: http://www.evcsbuffalo.org/careers/