Position: Temporary Facilities Manager
Status: Full Time
Duration: 12 Month Employee
Location: Shared Employee
Reports to: Director of Operations
The Elmwood Village Charter Schools provide a stimulating and engaging learning environment that recognizes student capability, fosters their connectedness to their immediate and broader communities, and offers them ways to contribute to school life. EVCS believes that all students can and will learn at high levels when provided with the right learning conditions.
Who we are
We are looking for a reliable and motivated temporary facilities manager who is proactive, organized,
and who takes the safety of the campus community seriously. The Temporary Facilities Manager will oversee EVCS’s facility operations, manage facilities & custodial operations, ensure preventative and reactive maintenance while remaining in compliance with local, state and federal regulations. The Temporary Facilities Manager will be responsible for scheduling inspections, maintenance and repair of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems to ensure optimal operation.
The Temporary Facilities Manager will:
Hire & Manage Custodial Staff:
● Supervise the custodial department including hiring, training, performance evaluations, addressing disciplinary issues and when necessary employee terminations.
● Create a supportive and positive working environment for the custodial team that is focused on the sanitation and cleanliness of our schools
● Create, implement and routinely assess systems for all staff to receive work instructions, including checking in with evening staff on a regular basis (i.e. worksheets)
● Ensure that proper custodial coverage is provided at all times at both schools
● Coordinate and facilitate training for all custodial staff
● Communicate concerns or specific situations to building level staff (principals, etc.) in a timely manner
● Proactively communicate with custodial staff with specific instructions for atypical events like large deliveries, new building projects, etc.
Preventative & Reactive Maintenance
● Create and share RFPs with potential vendors to initiate new contracts, ensuring quality control and cost savings for preventative maintenance
● Coordinate and schedule maintenance vendors (HVAC, plumbing, electrical, etc) and manage projects with those vendors
● Monitor all building equipment and property to ensure regular service and operation is at peak efficiency
● Coordinate landscaping and snow removal services, including bidding process and signing contracts
● Coordinate ongoing system repairs and monitor system performance
● Order and maintain inventory of cleaning supplies and equipment
● Monitor the status and ensure completion of work orders from all staff
● Track expenditures and communicate with the Business Office to ensure that the departmental budget is within yearly limits
● Create and maintain up-to-date list of maintenance and facilities vendors by campus with contact information
Safety & Security
● Responsible for all mechanical functions of the facility. Provides for the coordination of facility maintenance. Maintains and repairs building systems and structures, such as HVAC, plumbing, roof, electrical, etc
● Schedule and oversee equipment and safety system inspections and procure estimates for any needed repairs
● Actively participates on school safety committee annually to review and finalize district and building level safety plans
● Reviews and contributes to training materials for EVCS staff regarding safety drills & procedures, building access, security system & camera access (where applicable)
● Ensure compliance with all safety and security protocols (i.e. building access, keys, fobs)
● Be able to be on call to respond to security and/or fire alarms
Compliance and Inspections
● Maintain building exteriors, adjacent grounds and parking areas to ensure EVCS is welcoming and inviting to the community
● Perform quarterly property inspections, ADA audits and maintenance reports
Additional job duties may be needed based on the needs of EVCS.
What We Look For
We want someone who:
● Has a commitment to the Mission and Core Values of Elmwood Village Charter Schools
● Demonstrates a commitment to providing high-quality customer service to all
● Is highly detail-oriented with excellent follow-up and follow-through
● Maintains a positive attitude, even in the face of pressure
● Is a team player and open to receiving feedback
● Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and is flexible
● Takes initiative, prioritizes tasks effectively, and can work independently with little direction
● High School Diploma or equivalent
● Three years of prior facilities management or school operations experience
● 2 years of employee management experience
● Prior experience cleaning in a school setting preferred
● Working knowledge of computers and computer systems
● Good knowledge of commercial cleaning practices and procedures;
● Working knowledge of the maintenance and repair practices and procedures related to buildings, its fixtures and operating equipment;
● Working knowledge of the properties of various cleaning substances;
● Knowledge of the use of various cleaning equipment and products;
● Ability to stand for long periods during the day and move about effectively to fulfill the essential functions of the job.
● Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and other maintenance-related areas.
● Ability to immediately respond to safety and emergency situations.
● Valid NYS driver’s license and safe driving record
What We Offer
EVCS offers an excellent working environment supported by our shared leadership team to ensure each
person’s strengths can be utilized and fostered. EVCS offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package.
EVCS believes in the importance of being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization that enables our community to thrive. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Join Our Team
To apply to this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter on Elmwood Village Charter
Schools Website: http://www.evcsbuffalo.org/careers/