Status: 5-6 hours a day
Duration: 10 Month Employee (with optional summer hours)
Location: Hertel Campus
Reports to: Principal
The Elmwood Village Charter Schools provide a stimulating and engaging learning environment that recognizes student capability, fosters their connectedness to their immediate and broader communities, and offers them ways to contribute to school life. EVCS believes that all students can and will learn at high levels when provided with the right learning conditions.
Who we are
- We are passionate about social-emotional learning and believe it is as important as the academic curriculum, and children must meet with social success before they can achieve high levels of academic success.
- We have a strong belief in social justice and believe that every voice matters. We value diversity and a wide variety of perspectives. Our leaders are committed to preparing students to be critical thinkers who use their voices for active civic engagement.
- Our students are exposed to a strong academic program that emphasizes social responsibility, arts integration, multiculturalism, and community alliances.
- The EVCS community values relationships with our staff, students and families.
- Our students experience academic success in an intimate, peaceful, and diverse school community that appreciates different learning styles.
- Students know that they are valued and respected, and each one of them can contribute to school life.
- We put students first - all decisions are made around what is best for students.
- We act with urgency - we set a plan of action with urgency in response to student outcomes and needs.
- We always seek to be better - we believe seeking feedback and professional growth directly impacts students’ growth
- We work as a team - we collaborate to achieve shared goals.
We are looking for a friendly, service-oriented Receptionist with great interpersonal skills who will:
- Warmly greet all visitors to the school, determine the nature of business, and direct them to the appropriate place or person.
- Answer the office phone and forward calls appropriately as needed.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail and assist in assembling mailers such as report cards, newsletters and attendance letters.
- Assist in managing student traffic flow in the main office (ie discipline, medical, emergency situations etc).
- Manage the student sign-in and sign out process.
- Act as the primary backup to the Front Office Administrative Assistant.
- Assist with general office tasks such as filing, printing, copying, laminating etc.
- Additional job duties may be added based on the needs of the office.
What We Look For
We want someone who:
- Commitment to the Mission and Core Values of Elmwood Village Charter School
- Demonstrates a commitment to providing high-quality customer service to all
- Can build interpersonal relationships with diverse audiences
- Can form relationships and work with young children in a nurturing school environment
- Is highly detail-oriented with excellent follow-up and follow-through
- Has strong oral and written communication skills
- Maintains a positive attitude, even in the face of pressure
- Is a team player and open to receiving feedback
- Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and is flexible
- Takes initiative, prioritizes tasks effectively, and can work independently with little direction
- Maintains confidentiality and exercises discretion in the dissemination of information
- One year or more experience in a receptionist capacity within a busy office setting, preferably within a school setting
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Strong computer skills in word processing and experience using internet applications
What We Offer
EVCS offers an excellent working environment supported by our shared leadership team to ensure each person’s strengths can be utilized and fostered.
EVCS offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience.
EVCS believes in the importance of being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization that enables our community to thrive. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Join Our Team
To apply to this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter on Elmwood Village Charter Schools Website: http://www.evcsbuffalo.org/careers/