Position: Part Time Evening School Custodian
Status: 4 hours a day (approximately 4:00pm – 8:00pm)
Duration: 12 Month Employee
Location: Hertel & Days Park Campus
Reports to: Building Manager or shift leader
The pay for the position starts at $15.00 an hour and increases to $15.25 after 3 months of employment and $15.50 after 6 months of employment.
The Elmwood Village Charter Schools provide a stimulating and engaging learning environment that recognizes student capability, fosters their connectedness to their immediate and broader communities, and offers them ways to contribute to school life. EVCS believes that all students can and will learn at high levels when provided with the right learning conditions.
We believe that the social curriculum is as important as the academic curriculum, and children must meet with social success before they can achieve high levels of academic success. To that end:
- Our students are exposed to a strong academic program that emphasizes social responsibility, arts integration, multiculturalism, and community alliances.
- Our students experience academic success in an intimate, peaceful, and diverse school community that appreciates different learning styles.
- At Elmwood Village Charter Schools, students know that they are valued and respected, and each one of them can contribute to school life.
We are looking for a reliable custodian who takes pride in a clean school for our campus community who will:
- Perform general custodial duties in order to maintain a high level of building cleanliness including:
- Floor cleaning including sweeping/dust mopping, wet mopping and vacuuming
- Emptying trash and recycling containers daily
- Cleaning and disinfecting washrooms, stocking paper products
- Operating cleaning fluid dispensers and setting up custodial carts
- Laundering dust mops and wet mops
- Moving classroom furniture
- Minor carpentry and painting
- Snow removal and salting, both with a snow blower and
- Maintains a welcoming and clean environment for all staff, visitors and students
- Ensures that all entrances are clean and maintained appropriately for the campus community
- Notifies Management of any emergency maintenance
- Additional job duties may be added based on the needs of the
What We Look For
We want someone who:
- Commitment to the Mission and Core Values of Elmwood Village Charter School
- Demonstrates a commitment to providing high-quality customer service to all
- Is highly detail-oriented with excellent follow-up and follow-through
- Maintains a positive attitude, even in the face of pressure
- Is a team player and open to receiving feedback
- Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and is flexible
- Takes initiative, prioritizes tasks effectively, and can work independently with little direction
- Maintains confidentiality and exercises discretion in the dissemination of information
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- One year of Custodial experience preferred
- Prior experience in school setting preferred
- Basic knowledge of computer to access email
- Ability to stand for up to 5 hours per day and move about effectively to fulfill the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to climb ladders, bend, stretch, kneel and list a minimum of 50 lbs required
- Ability to read and understand instructions for tools and cleaning chemicals
- Manual dexterity and strength needed to operate cleaning tools such as mops, brooms and vacuum cleaners
What We Offer
EVCS offers an excellent working environment supported by our shared leadership team to ensure each person’s strengths can be utilized and fostered.
EVCS offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience.
EVCS believes in the importance of being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization that enables our community to thrive. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Join Our Team
To apply to this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter on Elmwood Village Charter Schools Website: http://www.evcsbuffalo.org/careers/