Position: Lead Custodian
Status: Full Time (Hours 12:30pm - 9:00pm)
Duration: 12 Month Employee
Location: Days Park
Campus Reports to: Building Manager
Compensation: The expected compensation for this position is $16.50 - $20.00 per hour. Salary is commensurate with experience.
The Elmwood Village Charter Schools provide a stimulating and engaging learning environment that recognizes student capability, fosters their connectedness to their immediate and broader communities, and offers them ways to contribute to school life. EVCS believes that all students can and will learn at high levels when provided with the right learning conditions.
We believe that the social curriculum is as important as the academic curriculum, and children must meet with social success before they can achieve high levels of academic success. To that end:
- Our students are exposed to a strong academic program that emphasizes social responsibility, arts integration, multiculturalism, and community
- Our students experience academic success in an intimate, peaceful, and diverse school community that appreciates different learning styles.
- At Elmwood Village Charter Schools, students know that they are valued and respected, and each one of them can contribute to school
We are looking for a reliable and motivated lead custodian who takes pride is a clean school for our campus community who will:
- Is the evening point person for 3 part time custodians and work alongside them to maintain a clean school and conduct safe operations
- Ensure the school is clean and ready for the next school day each evening
- Appropriately lock up the school each evening
- Perform general custodial duties in order to maintain a high level of building cleanliness including:
- Floor cleaning including sweeping/dust mopping, wet mopping and vacuuming
- Emptying trash and recycling containers daily
- Cleaning and disinfecting washrooms, stocking paper products
- Operating cleaning ﬂuid dispensers and setting up custodial carts
- Laundering dust mops and wet mops
- Moving classroom furniture
- Minor carpentry and painting
- Snow removal and salting, both with a snow blower and
- Train the night staff on the safe use of cleaning chemicals, tools and machines
- Complete weekly walkthrough inspections of the school
- Keep the Facilities Manager informed of supply and maintenance needed for the shift team to maintain a welcoming and clean environment for all staff, visitors and
- Ensures that all entrances are clean and maintained appropriately for the campus
- Clean and disinfect washrooms
- Notiﬁes the Building Manager of any emergency maintenance
- Additional job duties may be added based on the needs of the ofﬁce.
What We Look For
We want someone who:
- Commitment to the Mission and Core Values of Elmwood Village Charter School
- Demonstrates a commitment to providing high-quality customer service to all
- Is highly detail-oriented with excellent follow-up and follow-through
- Maintains a positive attitude, even in the face of pressure
- Is a team player and open to receiving feedback
- Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and is ﬂexible
- Takes initiative, prioritizes tasks effectively, and can work independently with little direction
- Maintains conﬁdentiality and exercises discretion in the dissemination of information
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Three years of prior Custodial experience
- Prior experience cleaning in a school setting
- Knowledge of complete ﬂoor care
- Ability to stand for up to 8 hours per day and move about effectively to fulﬁll the essential functions of the
- Ability to climb ladders, bend, stretch, kneel and lift a minimum of 25 lbs required
- Manual dexterity and strength needed to operate cleaning tools such as mops, brooms and vacuum cleaners
- Intermediate level of computer literacy including email, calendar use and work order systems
What We Offer
EVCS offers an excellent working environment supported by our shared leadership team to ensure each person’s strengths can be utilized and fostered.
EVCS offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience.
EVCS believes in the importance of being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization that enables our community to thrive.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Join Our Team
To apply to this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter on Elmwood Village Charter Schools Website: http://www.evcsbuffalo.org/careers/