Position: Elementary Part Time Spanish Teacher (K-5th grade)
Status: 20-25 hours per week – Part Time
Duration: 10 Month Employee
Location: Days Park Campus Campus
Reports to: Principal
The Elmwood Village Charter Schools provide a stimulating and engaging learning environment
that recognizes student capability, fosters their connectedness to their immediate and broader
communities, and offers them ways to contribute to school life. EVCS believes that all students
can and will learn at high levels when provided with the right learning conditions.
Who we are
● We are passionate about social-emotional learning and believe it is as important as the
academic curriculum, and children must meet with social success before they can
achieve high levels of academic success.
● We have a strong belief in social justice and believe that every voice matters. We value
diversity and a wide variety of perspectives. Our leaders are committed to preparing
students to be critical thinkers who use their voices for active civic engagement.
● Our students are exposed to a strong academic program that emphasizes social
responsibility, arts integration, multiculturalism, and community alliances.
● The EVCS community values relationships with our staff, students and families.
● Our students experience academic success in an intimate, peaceful, and diverse school
community that appreciates different learning styles.
● Students know that they are valued and respected, and each one of them can contribute
to school life.
● We put students first – all decisions are made around what is best for students.
● We act with urgency – we set a plan of action with urgency in response to student
outcomes and needs.
● We always seek to be better – we believe seeking feedback and professional growth
directly impacts students’ growth
● We work as a team – we collaborate to achieve shared goals.
We are looking for a student-centered, dynamic teacher who will:
● Utilize a diverse range of teaching practices for language acquisition to target a wide
range of learners
● Ensures that all students are growing in their abilities to speak, understand, write and
read in Spanish.
● Provide individual, group and project-based learning instruction in Spanish, designed to
meet individual and group needs in the classroom.
● Develop student understanding and appreciation of the language and the cultures of
Spanish speaking countries.
● Collaborates frequently with faculty in other areas of school to design interdisciplinary,
project-based learning experiences
● Collaborates with faculty and school leadership to continually improve the school’s
world language programs.
● Collaborates with colleagues to plan lessons that provide enrichment for each grade
● Establishes positive relationships with students, parents and colleagues
● Creates and maintains a positive well-managed classroom environment that engages
students and motivates them to succeed
What We Look For
● Has commitment to the Mission and Core Values of Elmwood Village Charter School
● Has commitment to continuous improvement principles
● Can form relationships and work with young children in a nurturing school environment
● Desire to embed a creative, artistic approach towards Spanish language instruction
● Has a passion and commitment for social justice, diversity and equity in education
● Can communicate in a positive and professional manner across the school
● Can build interpersonal relationships with diverse audiences
● Maintains a positive attitude, even in the face of pressure
● Is a team player and open to receiving feedback
● Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and is flexible
● Is solutions-oriented and completes tasks and projects effectively and in a timely
● Takes initiative, prioritizes tasks effectively, and can work independently with little
● Maintains confidentiality and exercises discretion in the dissemination of information
● Can gather and organize data and solve problems effectively
● Valid New York State Spanish Teaching Certificate
● Bachelor’s Degree in Education
● Fluency in both English and Spanish
● Ability to pass a NYS Education Department background check
● Excellent writting, interpersonal, and organizational skills, and the ability to work both
independently and on a team.
● Two or more years of teaching experience
● Master’s Degree in Education
What We Offer
EVCS offers an excellent working environment supported by our shared leadership team to
ensure each person’s strengths can be utilized and fostered.
EVCS offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits
EVCS believes in the importance of being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization that
enables our community to thrive. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without
consideration to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status,
or any other characteristic protected by law.
Join Our Team
To apply to this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter on Elmwood Village
Charter Schools Website: http://www.evcsbuffalo.org/careers/