The Elmwood Village Charter Schools provide a stimulating and engaging learning environment that recognizes student capability, fosters their connectedness to their immediate and broader communities, and offers them ways to contribute to school life. EVCS believes that all students can and will learn at high levels when provided with the right learning conditions.
We believe that the social curriculum is as important as the academic curriculum, and children must meet with social success before they can achieve high levels of academic success. To that end:
- Our students are exposed to a strong academic program that emphasizes social responsibility, arts integration, multiculturalism, and community alliances.
- Our students experience academic success in an intimate, peaceful, and diverse school community that appreciates different learning styles.
- At Elmwood Village Charter Schools, students know that they are valued and respected, and each one of them can contribute to school life.
We are looking for a student-centered, dynamic teacher who will:
- Utilize a diverse range of teaching practices for language acquisition to target a wide range of learners
- Ensures that all students are growing in their abilities to speak, understand, write and read in Spanish.
- Provide individual, group and project-based learning instruction in Spanish, designed to meet individual and group needs in the classroom.
- Develop student understanding and appreciation of the language and the cultures of Spanish speaking countries.
- Collaborates frequently with faculty in other areas of school to design interdisciplinary, project-based learning experiences
- Collaborates with faculty and school leadership to continually improve the school’s world language programs.
- Collaborates with colleagues to plan lessons that provide enrichment for each grade level’s curriculum
- Establishes positive relationships with students, parents and colleagues
- Creates and maintains a positive well-managed classroom environment that engages students and motivates them to succeed
What We Look For
We want someone who exhibits:
- Commitment to the mission and core values of Elmwood Village Charter School
- Commitment to continuous improvement principles
- Ability to work with young children in a nurturing school environment
- Desire to embed a creative, artistic approach towards Spanish language instruction
- Has strong oral and written communication skills
- Is able to build interpersonal relationships with diverse audiences
- Maintains a positive attitude, even in the face of pressure
- Is a team player and open to receiving feedback
- Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and is flexible
- Is solutions-oriented and completes tasks and projects effectively and in a timely manner
- Takes initiative, prioritizes tasks effectively, and can work independently with little direction
- Maintains confidentiality and exercises discretion in the dissemination of information
- Has strong organizational, problem-solving and data-gathering skill
- New York State Spanish Teaching Certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education
- Fluency in both English and Spanish
- Ability to pass a NYS Education Department background check
- Excellent writing, interpersonal, and organizational skills, and the ability to work both independently and on a team.
- Two or more years of teaching experience
- Master’s Degree in Education
What We Offer
EVCS offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.