Position: Part Time Evening School Custodian
Status: 4 hours a day (approximately 6:00pm – 10:00pm)
Duration: 10 Month Employee – has the possibility of working during the summer as well
Location: Hertel & Days Park Campus
Reports to: Building Manager
The Elmwood Village Charter Schools provide a stimulating and engaging learning environment that recognizes student capability, fosters their connectedness to their immediate and broader communities, and offers them ways to contribute to school life. EVCS believes that all students can and will learn at high levels when provided with the right learning conditions.
We believe that the social curriculum is as important as the academic curriculum, and children must meet with social success before they can achieve high levels of academic success. To that end:
- Our students are exposed to a strong academic program that emphasizes social responsibility, arts integration, multiculturalism, and community alliances.
- Our students experience academic success in an intimate, peaceful, and diverse school community that appreciates different learning styles.
- At Elmwood Village Charter Schools, students know that they are valued and respected, and each one of them can contribute to school life.
We are looking for a reliable custodian who takes pride in a clean school for our campus community who will:
- Perform general cleaning duties in order to maintain a high level of building cleanliness.
- Maintains a welcoming and clean environment for all staff, visitors and students
- Ensures that all entrances are clean and maintained appropriately for the campus community
- Clean the floors including sweeping/dust mopping, wet mopping and vacuuming
- Collect and empty trash and recycling containers daily
- Clean and disinfect washrooms
- Notifies Management of any emergency maintenance issues.
- Additional job duties may be added based on the needs of the office.
What We Look For
We want someone who:
- Commitment to the Mission and Core Values of Elmwood Village Charter School
- Demonstrates a commitment to providing high-quality customer service to all
- Is highly detail-oriented with excellent follow-up and follow-through
- Maintains a positive attitude, even in the face of pressure
- Is a team player and open to receiving feedback
- Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and is flexible
- Takes initiative, prioritizes tasks effectively, and can work independently with little direction
- Maintains confidentiality and exercises discretion in the dissemination of information
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One year of Custodial experience preferred
- Prior experience in school setting preferred
- Ability to stand for up to 4 hours per day and move about effectively to fulfill the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to climb ladders, bend, stretch, kneel and list a minimum of 25 lbs required
- Manual dexterity and strength needed to operate cleaning tools such as mops, brooms and vacuum cleaners
$12.50 per hour
What We Offer
EVCS offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Join Our Team
To apply to this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter on Elmwood Village Charter Schools Website: http://www.evcsbuffalo.org/careers/