Elementary Classroom Teacher (K-6) (Full-time)
High-performing urban K-8 charter school in Buffalo, NY seeks elementary classroom teachers.
- Plan and implement instructional units that are aligned to the New York State Common Core Standards and the curriculum of the Elmwood Village Charter Schools
- Use data from all assessment sources to monitor student progress toward meeting academic targets
- Differentiate instruction to meet the needs of all learners
- Organize flexible, goal-oriented groups that are based on students’ instructional needs
- Coordinate with other teachers to meet program requirements of the Elmwood Village Charter Schools, including participation in grade level planning meetings
- Provide an inviting, exciting, stimulating, and innovative learning environment
- Coordinate the classroom instructional team, which can include a teaching assistant, an AIS teacher, and ESL teacher, and/or a special education teacher
- Ensure that lessons are rigorous and allow for students to elaborate, analyze, make cross-curricular connections, apply what they have learned, and develop creativity and problem-solving strategies
- Maintain open communication with parents and encourage parent participation
- Maintain a classroom environment conducive to learning by following the Responsive Classroom and Cooperative Discipline models
- Enable students to develop social responsibility by faithfully following the Responsive Classroom and Cooperative Discipline models
- Promote connection to the wider community through field trips, guest presenters, and service projects
- Provide a nurturing, supportive, and positive learning environment with high expectations that encourages student responsibility and creates community
- A master’s degree, or enrollment in a master’s program, is required. Prior teaching experience is preferred.
- Valid New York State Teaching Certificate
- Candidates must have excellent writing, interpersonal, and organizational skills, and the ability to work both independently, and on a team.
EVCS is focused on social and emotional learning and high academic standards.
Job Type: Full-time
Please include responses to the following:
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Are you in Buffalo, NY?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Education?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?