Position: Health and Safety Room Attendant
Status: $15.50 per hour
Duration: 7:30-4:30pm (Monday-Friday following the school calendar)
Location: Hertel Campus or Days Park Campus
Reports to: Principal
The Elmwood Village Charter Schools provide a stimulating and engaging learning environment that recognizes student capability, fosters their connectedness to their immediate and broader communities, and offers them ways to contribute to school life. EVCS believes that all students can and will learn at high levels when provided with the right learning conditions.
We believe that the social curriculum is as important as the academic curriculum, and children must meet with social success before they can achieve high levels of academic success. To that end:
- Our students are exposed to a strong academic program that emphasizes social responsibility, arts integration, multiculturalism, and community alliances.
- Our students experience academic success in an intimate, peaceful, and diverse school community that appreciates different learning styles.
- At Elmwood Village Charter Schools, students know that they are valued and respected, and each one of them can contribute to school life.
We are looking for student-centered, dynamic professional to monitor our health and safety room:
- Monitor students in the health and safety room who are declaring sickness symptoms and waiting to be picked up by parents.
- Call all homes of students who are absence to verify if they have COVID-like symptoms or are absent for other reasons.
- Review New York State protocols with families of absent children to have proper documentation to allow them to return to school.
- Data entry of health related information into school systems.
- Track students who have COVID-like symptoms to verify when they can return to school following proper protocols
- Verify all students are completing daily health screening forms and following up on any forms that are missing
- Ensures that students in the health and safety room are well-supervised and safe
- Follows all program and safety procedures
- Ensure spaces are sanitized and disinfected between uses
- Work collaboratively with school nurse, school administration, and school office staff to ensure students properly access the health and safety room and safety brought to parent pick up location
- Projects a positive image and develops positive relationships with school administration, parents, students, and staff
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the leadership team
- Healthcare experience preferred. Ideally, medical receptionist or medical assistant experience.
- Previous experience with elementary or middle school age children preferred
- Must have excellent punctuality and attendance
- Detail oriented and able ensure all protocols are followed and all data entry is entered into systems correctly
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively and timely
- Excellent writing, interpersonal, and organizational skills, and the ability to work both independently and on a team
- Maintains confidentiality and exercises discretion in the dissemination of information
What We Offer
EVCS offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Join Our Team
To apply to this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter on Elmwood Village Charter Schools Website: http://www.evcsbuffalo.org/careers/