Position: Communications and Community Engagement Coordinator
Team: Central Office
Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Director of Operations
Compensation: The expected compensation for this position is $45,000-$60,000 annually. Salary is commensurate with experience and education.
The Elmwood Village Charter Schools provide a stimulating and engaging learning environment that recognizes student capability, fosters their connectedness to their immediate and broader communities, and offers them ways to contribute to school life. EVCS believes that all students can and will learn at high levels when provided with the right learning conditions.
Who we are
- We are passionate about social-emotional learning and believe it is as important as the academic curriculum, and children must meet with social success before they can achieve high levels of academic success.
- We have a strong belief in social justice and believe that every voice matters. We value diversity and a wide variety of perspectives. Our leaders are committed to preparing students to be critical thinkers who use their voices for active civic engagement.
- Our students are exposed to a strong academic program that emphasizes social responsibility, arts integration, multiculturalism, and community alliances.
- The EVCS community values relationships with our staff, students and families.
- Our students experience academic success in an intimate, peaceful, and diverse school community that appreciates different learning styles.
- Students know that they are valued and respected, and each one of them can contribute to school life.
- We put students first - all decisions are made around what is best for students.
- We act with urgency - we set a plan of action with urgency in response to student outcomes and needs.
- We always seek to be better - we believe seeking feedback and professional growth directly impacts students’ growth
- We work as a team - we collaborate to achieve shared goals.
We are looking for a creative Communications Coordinator to engage with our stakeholders and tell the EVCS story in order to inspire our staff, parents, students, and community members. The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
Online Presence Management
- Showcase the stories and images of our students, staff and community on various platforms such as print, website, and social media
- Promote EVCS to the greater community including sharing school-wide data and the great work of our staff and students through various mediums
- Develop and maintain content on School’s website
- Develop and manage dynamic content for official school social media accounts, such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.
- Collect and organize photography and documentation of EVCS events and community for use in promotional materials, website, etc.
Community Outreach and Family Engagement
- Participate in building and maintaining community partnerships with organizations that align with EVCS’s mission and vision
- Coordinate all external communications including weekly Panther Press newsletter, and notifications for families, staff and special groups
- Manage acknowledgement process for all donors
- Coordinate annual appeal fundraising efforts
- Attend and document family engagement efforts, including school events, clubs, open houses and team events, and performances
- Manage EVCS brand identity and visual culture
- Create EVCS marketing materials including brochures, promotional materials, and ads
- Collaborate with the Leadership Team, Admissions Coordinator, HR Manager, Business Manager and Data Manager on communications to various stakeholder groups.
Writing Narratives for Grant Applications, Press Releases, Etc.
- Complete special projects as assigned by the leadership team. Special projects include but are not limited to family and fundraising events, grant writing narratives , etc.
- Proofread and correct internal and external mass communications
- Help coordinate parent feedback on projects, grants, etc.
What We Look For
- Has commitment to the Mission and Core Values of Elmwood Village Charter Schools
- Has commitment to continuous improvement principles
- Has a passion and commitment for social justice, diversity and equity in education
- Can communicate in a positive and professional manner across the school
- Can build interpersonal relationships with diverse audiences
- Maintains a positive attitude, even in the face of pressure
- Is a team player and open to receiving feedback
- Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and is flexible
- Is solutions-oriented and completes tasks and projects effectively and in a timely manner
- Takes initiative, prioritizes tasks effectively, and can work independently with little direction
- Maintains confidentiality and exercises discretion in the dissemination of information
- Can gather and organize data and solve problems effectively
- Three years or more experience in communications, preferably in an educational setting
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, journalism, public relations, communications, English, creative writing, public administration or similar field
- Experienced with social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Experience with mass email marketing tools
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office tools, G-Suite and able to use various apps, programs and software
What We Offer
EVCS offers an excellent working environment supported by our shared leadership team to ensure each person’s strengths can be utilized and fostered.
EVCS offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package.
EVCS believes in the importance of being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization that enables our community to thrive. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Join Our Team
To apply to this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter on Elmwood Village Charter Schools Website: http://www.evcsbuffalo.org/careers/