Position: Registrar & Admissions Coordinator
Team: Central Office
Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Duration: 12 Month Employee
Location: Shared Employee
Reports to: Data Manager
The Elmwood Village Charter Schools provide a stimulating and engaging learning environment that recognizes student capability, fosters their connectedness to their immediate and broader communities, and offers them ways to contribute to school life. EVCS believes that all students can and will learn at high levels when provided with the right learning conditions.
Who we are
- We are passionate about social-emotional learning and believe it is as important as the academic curriculum, and children must meet with social success before they can achieve high levels of academic success.
- We have a strong belief in social justice and believe that every voice matters. We value diversity and a wide variety of perspectives. Our leaders are committed to preparing students to be critical thinkers who use their voices for active civic engagement.
- Our students are exposed to a strong academic program that emphasizes social responsibility, arts integration, multiculturalism, and community alliances.
- The EVCS community values relationships with our staff, students and families.
- Our students experience academic success in an intimate, peaceful, and diverse school community that appreciates different learning styles.
- Students know that they are valued and respected, and each one of them can contribute to school life.
- We put students first – all decisions are made around what is best for students.
- We act with urgency – we set a plan of action with urgency in response to student outcomes and needs.
- We always seek to be better – we believe seeking feedback and professional growth directly impacts students’ growth
- We work as a team – we collaborate to achieve shared goals.
We are looking for a detail-oriented Registrar & Admissions Coordinator.
Student Information, Data & Reporting
- Maintain accurate student information data and record keeping, to ensure the school’s student information is compliant, and actionable
- Student record management following the NYS Records Retention & Disposition Schedule ED-1
- Input program records in the student information system
- Process parent contact and data information changes
- Assist with developing processes and procedures that govern how student data systems are used and data is entered in each system
- Assist school‐based personnel in implementing standards and operating procedures established for managing student data
- Assist with streamlining processes and customize features within PowerSchools in order to improve user experience, operational efficiency and yield better data management practices
- Ensure confidentiality and security of office space, files, and all information pertaining to students, parents, staff, and community and work with independent auditors on student record audits.
- Perform regular internal audits to ensure 100% accuracy of student data across all schools
- Confirm student and family data to ensure correct reporting of District Billing for all in and out of district students
- Collaborates with the McKinney-Vento liaison to ensure all student registration is properly managed.
Recruitment, Lottery & Enrollment
- Manage the lottery process to include accurate lottery preferences and validations.
- Collaborate with the Communications Coordinator to develop communications for the school lottery event to include pre and post lottery communication with families
- Ensure all schools are fully enrolled, which includes managing lottery waitlist and managing enrollment throughout the school year
- Manage the distribution and collection of enrollment forms and the online enrollment procedures for families of admitted students
- Enroll students into EVCS’s student information system, including re-enrollment of returning students.
- Process student withdrawals; fulfill records requests for withdrawn students within prescribed time frames
- Create, update, and give presentations to prospective families
- Conduct outreach in diverse communities throughout Buffalo
- Lead campus tours for visiting families
- Participate in local school and recruitment fairs, including: preparing marketing materials for recruitment and coordinating staff, volunteers, and materials
- Respond to parent inquiries in a timely and professional manner
What We Look For
- Has commitment to the Mission and Core Values of Elmwood Village Charter School
- Has commitment to continuous improvement principles
- Can build interpersonal relationships with diverse audiences
- Has a passion and commitment for social justice, diversity and equity in education
- Can communicate in a positive and professional manner across the school
- Is a team player and open to receiving constructive feedback
- Maintains a positive attitude, even in the face of pressure
- Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and is flexible
- Is solutions-oriented and completes tasks and projects effectively and in a timely manner
- Takes initiative, prioritizes tasks effectively, and can work independently with little direction
- Maintains confidentiality and exercises discretion in the dissemination of information
- Can gather and organize data and solve problems effectively
- One year of related experience
- Passionate about customer service and building strong relationships with EVCS community members
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate professional experience
- Two or more years of experience working in a school setting (preferred)
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office tools, G-Suite and able to use various apps, programs and software
What We Offer
EVCS offers an excellent working environment supported by our shared leadership team to ensure each person’s strengths can be utilized and fostered.
EVCS offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package.
EVCS believes in the importance of being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization that enables our community to thrive. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Join Our Team
To apply to this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter at http://www.evcsbuffalo.org/careers/