12 Nov Part-Time Receptionist Job Posting
Status: 4 hours a day (approximately 11:30am –3:30pm)
Duration: 10 Month Employee
Location: Hertel Campus
Reports to: Principal
The Elmwood Village Charter Schools provide a stimulating and engaging learning environment that recognizes student capability, fosters their connectedness to their immediate and broader communities, and offers them ways to contribute to school life. EVCS believes that all students can and will learn at high levels when provided with the right learning conditions.
We believe that the social curriculum is as important as the academic curriculum, and children must meet with social success before they can achieve high levels of academic success. To that end:
- Our students are exposed to a strong academic program that emphasizes social responsibility, arts integration, multiculturalism, and community alliances.
- Our students experience academic success in an intimate, peaceful, and diverse school community that appreciates different learning styles.
- At Elmwood Village Charter Schools, students know that they are valued and respected, and each one of them can contribute to school life.
We are looking for a friendly, service-oriented Receptionist with great interpersonal skills who will:
- Warmly greet all visitors to the school, determine nature of business, and direct them to the appropriate place or person.
- Answer the office phone and forward calls appropriately as needed.
- Is the primary backup to the Front Office Administrative Assistant including transportation schedules for dismissal
- Process incoming and outgoing mail and assist in assembling mailers such as report cards, newsletters and attendance letters.
- Assist in managing student traffic flow in the main office (ie discipline, medical, emergency situations etc).
- Manage the student sign-in and sign out process.
- Assist with general office tasks such as filing, printing, copying, laminating etc.
- Additional job duties may be added based on the needs of the office.
What We Look For
We want someone who:
- Commitment to the Mission and Core Values of Elmwood Village Charter School
- Demonstrates a commitment to providing high-quality customer service to all
- Is highly detail-oriented with excellent follow-up and follow-through
- Has strong oral and written communication skills
- Maintains a positive attitude, even in the face of pressure
- Is a team player and open to receiving feedback
- Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and is flexible
- Takes initiative, prioritizes tasks effectively, and can work independently with little direction
- Maintains confidentiality and exercises discretion in the dissemination of information
- One year or more experience in a receptionist capacity within a busy office setting, preferably within a school setting
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Strong computer skills in word processing and experience using internet applications
What We Offer
EVCS offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Join Our Team
To apply to this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter through the form at the bottom of the page on Elmwood Village Charter Schools Website: http://www.evcsbuffalo.org/careers/
Job Type: Part-time
- Office: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)