03 Sep Afterschool Teacher Job Description
Position: Afterschool Teacher
Status: 3:15pm – 6:00pm on school days
Duration: 10 Month Employee
Location: Hertel Campus
Reports to: After School Coordinator
The Elmwood Village Charter Schools provide a stimulating and engaging learning environment that recognizes student capability, fosters their connectedness to their immediate and broader communities, and offers them ways to contribute to school life. EVCS believes that all students can and will learn at high levels when provided with the right learning conditions.
We believe that the social curriculum is as important as the academic curriculum, and children must meet with social success before they can achieve high levels of academic success. To that end:
- Our students are exposed to a strong academic program that emphasizes social responsibility, arts integration, multiculturalism, and community alliances.
- Our students experience academic success in an intimate, peaceful, and diverse school community that appreciates different learning styles.
- At Elmwood Village Charter Schools, students know that they are valued and respected, and each one of them can contribute to school life.
We are looking for student-centered, dynamic After School Teachers:
After School Teachers work 3:15 – 6:00pm (may vary based on needs of the school) on school days.
- Carries out lessons and activities for students
- Ensures that students are well-supervised, safe and engaged in the program. Follows all program and safety procedures.
- Projects a positive image and develops positive relationships with school administration, parents, students, and staff. Communicates effectively and timely.
- Maintains confidentiality and exercises discretion in the dissemination of information.
- Works in conjunction with school staff to implement the program as designed by BestSelf Behavioral Health and EVCS.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Previous experience with elementary age children. Experience in a classroom setting a plus.
- Certified teachers are preferred
- Must have excellent punctuality and attendance
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Excellent writing, interpersonal, and organizational skills, and the ability to work both independently and on a team
- Maintains confidentiality and exercises discretion in the dissemination of information
What We Offer
EVCS offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Join Our Team
To apply to this opportunity, please upload your resume and cover letter to the form at the bottom of the on Elmwood Village Charter Schools’ Careers page: http://www.evcsbuffalo.org/careers/